Welcome to Convergence, a galaxy of battles and politics. Numerous Factions contest planets each for their own purposes. Will you join one and assist their conquests? Or will you become a Lone Wolf and carve your own path to becoming a Galactic Legend? Almost anything is possible in the Galaxy of Convergence.

Jump into our Science-Fantasy universe and join other writers to create compelling galactic stories, or just have some fun! We recommend joining our Discord for the best plotting experience.

Admins

Moderators

Directories
RPG InitiativeRPG-D

Main Affiliates
Revaliir

Previously
A deadly virus affecting both organics and robotics swept the northern sectors of the Galaxy, sparking a war between the afflicted and the remaining factions. After nearly a year of defensive battles and co-ordinated operations, the war finally ended at the Battle of Ruin. The end of the war saw increased relations between the GSU, Imperium and Santori as they all agreed on a two year ceasefire to mend the damages caused by the crisis.

After these two years the factions signed the Santori Accords, an agreement proclaiming their united efforts to uphold Celestial law, including the protection of innocent life in case of another galactic threat. Following this meeting the Highrock Clans decided to join the Santori Protectorate, expanding their territory by almost double.

Galactic Date
Whilst each planet has their own personal Dates and Times, most of them adhere to the Galactic Standard Calendar when communicating with eachother.

Galactic Year

Galactic Month
February

Current Events
The Reich, a returning faction of magic-haters, resurface and initiate a purge of the planet Ordriey, destroying it entirely in the process. This event has made all of the Major Factions uneasy, even though each of them has bigger concerns of their own. Not only are there issues for these powers to deal with, but more factions are rising from the ashes of the Helix War, populating the galaxy once again.

Meanwhile, the Celestial Architect Sam'anar has discovered a way to reverse large parts of the Convergence, sending back many of the planets it had brought into the galaxy. Whilst this move has saved many from unwanted threats, it has also shifted the layout of the galaxy drastically. Because of this, new star-charts have been drawn out with Hyperlanes, allowing them to show the quickest and safest routes between planets.

Important Wiki Links

Species List Current Factions Magic Types War Records

Wiki Spotlight

The Varanus are a extra-galactic bipedal reptilian species with genetic ties to dragons,once having an natural affinity for magic that now remains mostly forgotten.There exists two major subspecies of the Varanus each with their own distinctions and roles in society.

Wiki Rules

Only Staff may make any additions, edits, or changes to this wiki. Any attempts to edit this Wiki are logged and will be punished.
Do not pester Staff for your lore to be added, this Wiki is for core/legacy lore only.
Do not steal any of the lore created and stored here. It is the property of its creators.

Official Wiki

Enter the Wiki

Add Reply
New Poll

Transference
Philip "Odin" Kearney
 Posted: Mar 23 2018, 11:21 AM
Pacifist, Geneticist
Tenebris 1
Scientist?
Member Inventory: View
200cr
3 Posts
Awards: None

Splat!

Mud and decayed vegetation clung to the young man's face as he lifted it from the foul smelling swamps of a dead planet. Tantir stretched around him in every direction. Completely dead and rotting. Grunting from the strain of having to pull his legs out of the muck, Odin flopped onto the dry ground next to Menka.

Looking up at the woman, Odin could still see the faint vestiges of sunlight that slowly dawned through the strands of her hair. Several thin braids hung against the right side of her face. Her brown hair somehow managing to make her green eyes stand out. Like emeralds, Odin could never quite pull himself away from them. Even during the times that he walked in on her half-dressed.

Sighing into the damp dirt underneath him, Odin slowly got to his feet. "Hey Menka, it wouldn't hurt to let me know where the ground goes from solid to liquid." Rubbing his back, Odin looked over to their destination. A large, stone castle rose in the distance. The distinct miasma of death crowded the structure. Thankfully, Odin had gotten used to the suffocating effects of this miasma, merely by being around Menka for the past four years.

The woman hadn't told him why they were coming here. She hadn't even told him where 'here' was. Of course, this didn't really matter to Odin, and Menka knew it. Dusting himself off, and trying his best to rub the mud off of himself, Odin dismayed at how unkept he looked.

He was wearing a black twin-tailed morning coat. The tails now sufficiently caked in mud hung limply behind him. His pants, which were black, but are now brown with mud, followed the muscular contours of his legs. A grey waistcoat and a white oxford shirt were underneath his jacket. Those, at least, were thankfully spared from the mud. A black tie also hung around his neck.

Pointing at the large castle, Odin spoke. "So, Menka, I'm guessing that we're headed to that castle in the middle of Death."
PM
^
Menka Fellroot
 Posted: Mar 23 2018, 02:07 PM
150cr
2 Posts

Menka glanced back at the boy who followed her. For the life of her, she still didn't know why, but he proved useful, worth keeping around. She played him like a fiddle, dropping subtle hints to suggest she was interested in him- she had picked up his own not-too-subtle feelings.

Feelings. The one thing she lacked. She felt no guilt over fooling him, or for killing those that she did. She felt no love for anyone, nor would she ever know what it was like to consider someone a friend. She didn't mind that, though. it unnerved a part of her, but often times she could safely ignore it. As it were, she found enjoyment in watching him flop along the swamp, his nice attire out of place here. She enjoyed watching his displeasure.

"If you cannot keep up without help, I will leave you behind." she said, fully intending to leave him behind if it came to it. They were here for two purposes- to continue her training under the demon that resided here, and to give Odin more power, to be a proper force to be reckoned with, and, should the time come, a wonderful supply of necromatic energy.

He had survived longer than any other companions- most died, either by her hand or an opponents, while a few were lucky enough to escape before their use was over. And yet, every time he drew close to that point, he surprised her with another skill, keeping him perpetually useful. Most interesting. She stepped closer to the castle, her shotgun drawn, just in case.

Necromancers and demons seldom help personal ties- that they had met before would likely be of no matter to him. She cleared her thoat, standing where she stood all those years ago, and fired into the air.

"Show yourself, demon."
PM
^
Nuixar
 Posted: Mar 26 2018, 10:42 AM
Brimstone General
Demon
Archdemon
100cr
1 Posts

The castle was as dilapidated as it was when Menka first visited it,the old enchantments however still endured as old and dark magic shrouded the fallen fortress hiding it from the patrols of the Santori Protectorate who actively rooted out the last remaining demonic warlords that held on to worlds behind their borders. Tantir was one of these worlds,it was still a dead bog that seeped with death and black magics it was all that fed the archdemon that still lurked within the cracked walls of the old castle.

An familiar soul trekked towards the castle....Followed by another blinded by...Love,it's been years since such souls traveled upon the bog....The demon relished in the thought of their gored bodies strewn against the muck of the bog...He missed the colour of red and crimson that was lost in the hazy green of this forsaken world,he missed the sating the bloodlust on the battlefields of the mortal worlds during the crusade....To pluck the wings of angels and the spines of humans.....It was wondrous to bring pain and suffering....But those days.....Were over.

He recognized the twisted soul of Menka,a forgettable being that sought his guidance on Necromancy.....He had taught her some of the basics and given her the task of hunting down the remains of the Lucian Kingdom,not because they were a danger to the old demon lord or because of his former ties with them....No it was a more basic desire.....He simply hated them....Despite his 'apprentice's' late return he assumed the job was completed and he relished the thought of their deaths.

As Menka cried out for his attention like a child would to suckle on the breast of it's mother,he rose from the old cracked throne of the castle,his twisted clawed fingers wrapped around the hilt of his Vorpal blade that shone with forbidden magics,he tapped the broken blade unto the moss covered stone and dissapeared in a cloud of ash and smoke,reappearing in front of Menka and Odin.

Towering above them the 8 meter demon lowered his horned head towards the two,his face and body was red and grey with streaks of smoke seemingly appearing from out of nowhere.His head burned with small flecks of flame and as he opened his mouth to speak he spat blazing molten fire that grew in intensity as his rage grew.

"I believe we had this chat before.....Few fools seek out demons...."He looked at the shotgun Menka gripped. "You might as well empty that toy on me...If you truly believe that you could walk away from here alive." He turned to Odin. "Have you brought this welp to appease me?" He chuckled.

"You should know that slaves tend to become sacrifices in my domain."

PM
^
Philip "Odin" Kearney
 Posted: Mar 26 2018, 11:43 AM
Pacifist, Geneticist
Tenebris 1
Scientist?
200cr
3 Posts

"Well, fuck,"

Odin's face paled as the demon appeared. He had been expecting a Lich. Hell, Odin would have been alright with a Lich. But a demon? A full-blooded demon? Oh hell no.

Holding up his hand, Odin cleared his throat. Taking a moment before he spoke, Odin whistled out into the bog around them. Almost immediately, a blood curdling howl stretched out across the dead marshes. After a few seconds, another howl sounded out. However, the second howl reverberated through Odin's soul moreso than his body. Two bodies bounded towards the trio from the muck of the swamps. The first to reach them was large, standing at four and a half feet at the shoulder. It was huge, bulky all along its body. Short black hair covered most of its form, though plates of bleached bone covered most of its head and the back of its neck. Guards of bone covered the beast's front knees and the base of its tail. Vibrant red eyes peered out from the bony head. The limp corpse of a large rat like creature hung from its mouth. Blood dribbled down its chin. Passing by Odin, the obviously male hound rubbed against him. However, it dropped the fresh kill in front of Menka. It was obviously meant as a sort of offering to the necromancer. Whether it would be taken or not was a completely different question. Its job done, the huge hound went to walk around its master. The largest of its species, there were several more on the pair's ship.

The second body, which was obviously a hound as well, came from the other side. It was far smaller than the first one, and looked far different. The most obvious part of it was that this second hound was a skeleton. Strips of flesh hung from its jaw and ribs. The thick, green fog of Death pulsated around its bones. The undead thing was about 3 feet tall at the shoulder, and was therefore absolutely dwarfed by the first hound. It passed by Menka, obviously bowing its head, only to walk on past towards Odin. Even in death, animals didn't care for Menka.

Odin scratched the first hound, who was apparently named Luu, around his neck. Luu was obviously pleased by this as his tail began to wag back and forth. The second hound, named Kuolema, was forcing her skeletal head underneath Odin's arms. Looking down at her, he gently tapped the top of her skull, to which, she also wagged her tail.

Apparently engrossed with his dogs, like a young boy, Odin had forgotten exactly where he was. At least, until a gentle shifting of feet brought him back to the present. Looking up, Odin once again realized that there was an 8 foot tall demon standing in front of him and Menka. In fact, it was Menka who had shifted her feet and was now staring at him as though he was a disgrace. Sufficiently embarrassed, Odin straightened his back. Which only brought him to 5 feet and 10 inches. Clearing his voice again, he spoke to the Demon.

"Well, sir, Lord, I will assume by your interaction with Menka that you are already acquainted with her. As for the term whelp, I feel obliged to correct you on that. I am, as you can see, not a carnivorous animal. I am, in fact, omnivorous. As such, it would be incorrect on that case to refer to me as a whelp. Secondly, I am an adult of my species. Therefore, to refer to me as the young of a species in any manner would be incorrect. While I admit that compared to you I am nothing more than a child, you must acknowledge that I am an adult in my own right."

Odin was terrified at this point in time, as was characterized by the vomit of words that was falling from his lips. As Menka would know, whenever Odin got exceptionally uncomfortable, he would start to correct people and speak with a higher than average vocabulary.

"As for the comment of appeasement, I must say that it sends a shiver down my spine. I also must say that it would not surprise me if Menka did in fact decide to do that. However, I must warn you. As I have been in numerous situations where my neck was on the chopping block, I have developed an uncanny knack for dodging the killing blow. "

"Now, for your statement referring to slaves that became sacrifices, I must point out that a slave that is killed to somehow glorify its owner is no sacrifice at all. The slave, which includes its soul and heart and body, would already belong to you. It's life is already yours to demand. As such, to order your slaves death is a completely pointless avenue of thought. It does no good to you to order your slaves death. It is only a sacrifice when a group kills one of their own without being forced to do it. It is only a sacrifice when you do not already own the victim's life and death."

Taking a deep breath, Odin exhaled sharply. Small beads of sweat dripped down the back of his neck. Fear came off of his body, an odor that could be smelled by any animal. Thankfully, his body didn't shake when subjected to this kind of terror.

"I just thought you would like to know these little tidbits of knowledge. Your welcome." Odin smiled at the demon. It was his usual, foolish smile. "Oh, the name's Odin. What is your's, My Lord?" Bowing slightly at his hips, Odin outstretched his hand towards the Demon.

Luu, Finish for Bone

user posted image

Koulema, Finnish for Death

user posted image
PM
^
Menka Fellroot
 Posted: Apr 16 2018, 01:45 PM
150cr
2 Posts

Menka didn't flinch, didn't move an inch as the demon spoke and threatened. She lifted her head, a motion of defiance. "Threats and angry demands mean nothing to me, demon. I have done what you asked, and you have proven once before that you see use in me." She pumped her shotgun, closing her point that any hostilities would be met with equal force.

Behind her, she could hear movement, so she turned. There, two of Odin's hounds waited obediantly as he played with them as though he were a child. Luckily, he caught on soon enough, and she turned back to the demon.

When Odin began to babble on, she sighed. She spoke over him as he babbled on behind her. "He is not your slave- he is mine. Why he follows me willingly has yet to be seen. Regardless, he is not your... plaything." she said. She glanced back at him, intending to tell him to stop his yapping, but he had already finished.

"I have come to collect the power you promised me, and put him through the same process. He seems intent on following me blindly, so I should at least make sure he's useful, no?"
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll